About The Job
As a seasoned Vet with some experience under your belt, you already have a pretty good idea of what a typical day looks like in a significant regional practice – you also know that there are very few “typical” days. You will of course:
- Examine animals, small and large and exotic, to diagnose their health problems and recommend best practice treatment
- Consult with clients regarding preventive care for their pets
- Conduct soft tissue surgery at an intermediate level
- Maintain patient care records in as appropriately detailed and timely manner
- Offer phone support and advice to isolated, outback/rural clients
- Be confident in your own skills and abilities; open to new ideas, concepts and personal/professional development
Of critical importance is your diagnostic ability, both in terms of active care but also in relation to preventative care.
Although flexibility is important, our manning levels are normally based on a four-day week. We are based in town, but we also serve the region so some local travel and day trips is required.
You will be supported by a talented and enthusiastic Veterinary team who are encouraged to keep learning and to bring those new skills to their work every day.
Not an experienced Vet? Feel Redgum is the place where you can learn and grow your skills and abilities? We would still love to talk with you! Redgum has supported a range of new graduates, enabling them to step forward with confidence after their time at Redgum.